Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Oprah May Have Picked it First...But Our Book Club Is Better

Certified Crack! 
I have to say that after our lively discussion about September Dawn on Friday, I spent most of my Saturday/Sunday engulfed in a Sister Wives marathon... so thank you for that!  Also, big thanks to Kath for hosting and Aunt Sharon for making those addicting toasted bread slices.  I don't know what was on them but I think I ate about ten.  Delicious!

Hopefully, everyone has had to enough time to wrap up their Mormon research so we may move onto the next book club selection, which is Freedom by Johnathan Franzen. Coincidentally, it is also an Oprah Book Club selection but I'm pretty sure she stole the idea from us...so....

There have been several suggestions sent to me so far in regards to our next meeting date, so I'm leaving it all in your hands!!  Some folks would like to get it done before Easter due to hectic schedules and others would like a little more time to get the book from the library and read it because SPOILER ALERT it is 526 pages.  Take that Beach Music!!  Please let me know which dates would work best and we will see where the majority stands :)  Happy Reading!!

Friday, April 15
Friday, April 29
Sunday, May 1
Side Note: Easter is April 24
Side Note II:  There is Good Friday (April 22) which I am fine with but I'm not sure if that will work with the more devout in the group.

4 comments: