Monday, February 14, 2011

Wine-O-Palooza


Big, big, big THANKS to Michelle for hosting book club on Friday!!  Due to the boisterous and intense discussion that took place, Michelle was kicked out of her condo and is now forced to live on the streets.  I think it is only appropriate for her fellow members to help her out and give her a place to stay in her time of need (so, send me an email to sign up for your weekJ).  Since, technically, it is our fault she is now homeless.  Now, those of you who weren’t in attendance could be saying, “C’mon, it couldn’t have been that bad?!”  But the 12 member, 14 bottle of wine ratio begs to differ.  That’s right 12 to 14.  Tear, I know. I’ve never been more proud of this group in my entire life!  Although, I do think it made us realize how badly we need to purchase a bell (or an air horn), so we can get the discussions back on track when they start to detour.

In order to keep this ball rollin,’ we are getting right into the next selection.  Ang’s suggestion won the vote, so the next book we will be reading is Carole Whang Schutter’s September Dawn, which I find to be the perfect choice for Valentine’s Day.  It’s got untimely love, Mormons, a massacre, acts of religious terrorism…A truly perfect pick for this heart-shaped holiday season.  Plus, for those members who are still on the fence about reading things, they made this into a movie, so there should be no attendance issues for this one! 

We have several options for our next gathering date (yay to no basketball), so if you shoot me an email with your preferences, it would be most appreciated.

Friday, March 11, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011

Also, Kath has first dibs to host if she chooses, otherwise we will need a local.  Don’t be tentative to offer up your place, statistically we can’t evict two people in a row, right?!  

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I would vote for March 11 - I hope that I don't have to miss another one! I will be out of town for the other dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. March 18th (PLLLLEEEEEEASE!) already have airline tix booked :)

    ReplyDelete