Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday to BWB

A big thanks to Erin for being a truly steadfast member and for wanting, so very badly, to maintain the integrity of the book Room :)  Kidding!  It was a great meeting and it was so nice to see everyone together, once again, being literary :)  I have to say that I am pretty jazzed (oh yeah, jazzed) about our next gathering because that meeting will be the 2nd birthday (I'm pretty sure it should be "anniversary" but birthdays come with candles... and presents... and cake) that Boozing with Books has been the greatest book club to have ever existed... ever.  Ang has kindly offered to stick with tradition, so the next meeting will take place at her house with the date TBD (you would think I would be able to pin down some dates from my own mother but alas, I cannot).  Although I think we are definitely leaning towards later in the month of November.  I really hope everyone will be able to make it for this momentous occasion!!!  The next book on our list is The Post Birthday World by Lionel Shriver which talks about the idea of an alternate life or the road not taken... some pretty heavy themes that will lead to an amazing discussion!  Please stay tuned for picking dates, I'm hoping to get some potential dates out to you very soon!!

2 comments:

  1. Since I read most of what your book club reads...can you pick a book with gladiators or someting .... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as you attend a meeting, yes :)

    ReplyDelete