Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Reading List

Oh Ladies, 

My apologies!!  I know it has taken me over a week to get the new book club selections out to you!!  It is because I have been selfishly getting tipsy on Pina Coladas, while a handsome cabana boy fans me down with a palm and feeds me chocolates, as I tan myself on a white sandy beach in the Keys...  

Almost...

Well, now that I have returned from the great unknown, it's time to get back to business.  We picked two books to challenge ourselves with this summer.  Room by Emma Donoghue, which has been on the BWBMYKSBC suggestion list before.  It should be a pretty easy one to get through, which is why we made another selection, One Second After by William Forstchen.  Both should prove for some interesting discussions and sound extremely interesting.  Since I literally ran out of Julie's place because it was going on 11 o'clock and I still hadn't finished packing, we never came up with a time frame to gather again.  Last year, we worked with the end of August/beginning of September, so let me know what works for everyone.   I will definitely send out a reminder once we see summer start to draw to a close :( so you have some time to think about it.  Happy summering (totally a word), happy sunning and most of all... HAPPY READING!!! 

1 comment:

  1. going away labor day weekend-hope we meet end of August!

    ReplyDelete